The Downtown Bryan Association has partnered with Carini Townhomes and Renovation Wranglers to launch a public art project. The West 31st St. Murals, made possible by Conlee-Garrett Moving & Storage, will use visual arts to celebrate Bryan’s rich history.
Artists are encouraged to submit ideas which celebrate the city’s past or present, showcasing commerce, culture, and community. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2017. Each artist chosen for the project will be paid $1,000 to offset expenses such as paint and supplies. All mural artists are invited to apply, regardless of geographic location. Special consideration will be given to people who live or work in Bryan, or those with a past or current connection to Bryan.
• April 5, 2017 – May 21, 2017: Call for Artists
• May 21, 2017 – Artist submissions due
• May 30, 2017 – Up to five artists chosen
• June 7, 2017 – Artists will be matched with wall sections
• June-August 2017 – Painting takes place
• September 1 First Friday – A celebration introducing the finished murals to the community.
For more information and to apply, visit CariniTownhomes.com/West31stStreetMurals.