In Aggieland this weekend for the game at Kyle Field? Come by and visit The Association of Former Students!
We will open at 10 a.m. before the Alabama game, so come grab a seat to watch other games on the Huddleston Video Wall during the day before the Aggies kick off at 6:15 p.m. The building will remain open to the public until 30 minutes after the game ends.
If you don’t have a ticket to Kyle, stay to watch the Aggies BTHO the Crimson Tide! There is no admission charge, and concessions will be for sale starting around 3:15 p.m. (food, water and soft drinks, and alcohol; cash/credit cards accepted).
It’s a great location (map) for your Game Day home base. Parking isn’t available at the Alumni Center on game days, but once you get here there’s no shortage of free things to do: Take pictures on the Haynes Ring Plaza with the world’s largest Aggie Ring; pick up a new Association decal for your car; view 128 years of Aggie Rings and make a video clip of yourself leading a yell! You can update your Century Club membership and even drop off your Aggie Ring to be resized—the Aggie Ring Office will be open from noon to 5:45 p.m.
KBTX-TV will broadcast parts of its hourlong pre-game show just outside the Alumni Center. KZNE The Zone 1150‘s pre-game radio show broadcasts from the Alumni Center lawn. And Bus 12 provides music and photo opportunities in the circle drive outside the Alumni Center.
The Kids’ Yell Practice that was held on the Haynes Ring Plaza during previous seasons is now on the grassy area next to the War Hymn statue, just down Houston Street from the Alumni Center. As you stroll that way, there are plenty of sights to see, with dozens of Aggie tailgates cooking in the park. Parsons Mounted Cavalry lets its horses graze in the park before the Corps marches, too.
If you’re going into Kyle Field, don’t forget you’ll need to follow the clear bag guidelines: www.12thman.com/beclear.
- We have a lot of helpful information and links on our Game Day page at tx.ag/gameday.
- Texas A&M Athletics has a page with lots of official information that will help you plan your day, including the time that the Aggie Fan Zone will open outside Kyle Field:gameday.12thman.com/.
- A&M also updates this official timeline of when key events will happen prior to and during the game: gameday.12thman.com/fanzone.html.
- VisitAggieland.com has put together a good collection of local information; check it out here: www.experiencebcs.com/texas-am/aggie-game-day/.
- A&M has made a lot of changes this year that will affect your Game Day experience, ranging from road closures and traffic routes to rules for generators and the price of a bottle of water in the stadium. For a rundown of all the changes, visit http://gameday.12thman.com/whatsnew.html.
- You can’t park at the Alumni Center, but many parking options are available. Please visit Transportation Services for information: transport.tamu.edu/Parking/events/football.aspx.
- If you don’t want to deal with parking at all, consider taking an Uber ride. You’ll be dropped at Lot 30E. And get $20 off your first ride with promo code GIGEM20.